Sunday, October 30, 2005

Square d motor control centers

Square d model 5 and square d Model 6 motor control centers played a part in my favorite job. There was plenty of transformers and lots of square d I line panels but the motor control centers are what got me to the job and everything else fell into place. It was in the mountains of Georgia at an old textile mill that was right on the river. It was hot everywhere else and that job came along and it was almost like working in air conditioning. The people were pleasant to deal with and once we agreed on price gave me a key to the plant. There was a restaurant about two miles from the plant that served food so good that it was all I could do not to gain weight on that job. The best part of the deal was buying the used copper which turned out to be a great deal more than anybody suspected and helped pay for the job.
The verticals of Motor control centers had circuit breakers with them which made them more valuable that ones that are fused. It was nice that there where larger starters in the buckets. Not just a line up of size 1 starters but size 4's and size 3's and size 2's unfortunately no square d size 5 starters but you can't have everything. Once I started showing the owner how much stuff he could remove that ran machines that where no longer there I realized that I had ran into a treasure chest of used electrical. I wish I had one a month like that.

9 Comments:

At 4:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is a very useful site which gives more benefits. I found this is great for me… Thanks for it. I hope it will helps to more people.

circuit breaker

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Milliscent Morgan said...

I like this blog so much same as the blog I saw a while ago that was electrical orange county.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a pretty good work story and don't we all wish we could come across treasures like that or be lucky enough to have a month of finding stashes like that. Davis Exporters Inc.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Mark Lee said...

I read your post and I want to say that it is very good and informative. I like it and I appreciate you for your effort.

industrial equipment buyers

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Jr. Williams said...

thanks… I’ve been bookmarking them for a while now and just decided to create a post to provide them to others…
health and safety sign

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please provide more information on this subject? BTW your blog is great. Cheers.
Jumbo led

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Bookmark Butterfly said...

I really like the fresh perceptive you did on the issue. I will be back soon to check up on new posts! Thank you!
Electrical services

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this post will be a fine read for my blog readers too, could you please allow me to post a link to my blog. I am sure my guests will find that very useful.
electrician site

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger yolanda said...

You have some honest ideas about the domestic electrician share here I really get many information and discovered most peoples will agree with your blog.
domestic electrician

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google